A suuuper special sambal by Maya and Daivi!

Starring:
Daivi (FE-Mene 07)
Co-starring:
Cecep-FE Mene 07 and other people of Wisma Asri
Wisma Asri girls: Icha, Cici, Aska, Nduty

Prolog:
This had happened few months ago, where Daivi and I had a big trouble of 'Balinese-food-sick' (refers to homesick, not 'sick' in the meaning of had enough) . Let me explain some basic circumstances:
  1. There's a 'shocking-market' (a.k.a pasar kaget) right behind Wisma Asri, my 'kos'.
  2. Wisma Asri consists of 2 buildings, girls and boys, and the kitchen is located in boys building.
  3. Me and Daivi are Balinese.
When I wrote this, I tried to translate the Indonesian foods into English, but when I searched the first word 'tempe', it said
'a food that is made from fermented soybeans'.

"Nice. Really helpful."
Since my alfalink made tempe seems similar with soysauce, I decided to stop that effort.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Scene 1:
Sunday Morning, when Pasar Kaget is always held. Me and Daivi heading up to the kitchen with all the ingredients and cooking equipments we need. Today, we were gonna cook 2 dishes: tempe goreng tepung and sambel sera (sera means terasi). I was done with the tempe. It's not Balinese food, it's a very simple Indonesian food. Just pour a little water to the flour (we used Bumbu Racik Goreng Indofood), wrap the tempe with those, and fry. That's it! Yummy!
( Guys in the next room talking, "...tapi mereka masak tempenya pakai bumbu racik...". What the hell I care. I'm starving!)

Since I'm done with the tempe, I was willing to help Daivi with the sambal. Sambal sera is Balinese traditional sambal. The ingridients are: onions, garlics, small chillies (cabe rawit), salt, and terasi. Note that this is traditional recipe so that I can't give you the exact ammount of the ingredients. 'Feeling and intuition' is the key.

Me:
Apa lagi yang perlu dipotong?
Daivi:
Bawang merahnya aja. (She gave me 5)
Me:
(Struggling not to cry while cutting the onions, suddenly stopped) Cabenya segitu, bawangnya mau ditambah lagi? (considering the unbalanced ammount the things I cut and things she cut)
Daivi:
(While continue cutting the chillies) Nggak. Bawangnya segitu aja.
Me:
(eyes getting bigger) Nggak kebanyakan cabenya.
Daivi:
(picking more chillies) Nggak. Ntar nggak pedes kok ini. (convincing me)
Me:
(decide not to ask anymore. Well, those chillies were cut already.)

Scene 2:
Frying time! Yep! This sambal is fried.

Daivi:
(adding the ingredients to the fring pan which had oil heated already. Did a little stir.)
Me:
*coughing* (suddenly felt my nose and throat smarting and hot) *coughing louder*
Daivi:
(ignoring me) lebay ah lu, may.

(Suddenly, there was a cough sound from upstair. 3 times and sounded really suffered)

Cecep (the upstair boy):
Daivi masak sambel pedes banget ya? Baunya sampai ke atas!
Daivi:
Masa sih?!

(suddenly the entire boys building coughed)

Daivi:
Hehehe... iya ya? Masa sih? *coughed*
Me:
(Guess it has answered)

Daivi:
Sambelnya terlalu pedes ya?
Me:
(speechless. Thinking if it isn't gotten my eyes wet, then it will make me take stomachache pills.)

I understand. To get small chillies here is kinda difficult.Maybe she got too excited when she finally got it from the market.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Epilog:
Honestly, I couldn't eat all of the sambal alone. Thanks God, there were few girls of Wisma Asri who really like it too (it was their first time). But the next day, one of the girl came to us and said:

Icha:
Daivi, Maya, kemarin tanganku panas banget seharian habis makan sambel kemarin.

Sorry, Icha... xD

0 komentar:



Post a Comment